South African Institute for Distance Education's (Saide)
The South African Institute for Distance Education's (Saide) recently established, innovative African Storybook Project aims to support early literacy development through creating and stimulating the use of a website and digital library of openly licensed local language stories for the first few years of reading. Founded in 1992 as an educational Trust, Saide strives to increase access to quality cost-effective education through the use of open learning approaches, quality distance education strategies, and appropriate technology in South Africa and the African region.
Passionate about children’s early literacy? Interested in joining the African Storybook Project team? Saide’s innovative African Storybook Project aims to support early literacy development through creating and stimulating the use of a website and digital library of openly licensed local language stories for the first few years of reading.
Saide seeks to appoint a Partner Development Coordinator, based in Johannesburg.
The incumbent will be responsible for advocacy for the project, attracting a wide range of partners in the region and internationally and developing mutually beneficial ways of working with them.
This is a full or major time contract position until January 2017.
- Demonstrated ability to use networking and advocacy to build sustainable projects;
- Critical understanding of website design and social media;
- Passion for stories and story development for young readers especially in local languages;
- Commitment to innovative early literacy development, using technology and openly licensed material;
- A strategic sense, with the ability to analyse the experience in the pilot phase and make recommendations for long term sustainability;
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written as well as knowledge of one or more indigenous African languages;
- Master’s degree in a relevant area.
The incumbent must be prepared to travel widely in the African region and elsewhere as required.
Remuneration commensurate with skills and experience will be offered.
To apply, submit a written one-page motivation, CV and the names and contact details of three work-related referees to Maureen Madonsela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel, 011 403 2813
More comprehensive project and position descriptions are available on the website.
For more about the South African Institute for Distance Education, refer to www.saide.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.