Southern African Association for Learning and Educational Differences
SAALED – The Southern African Association for Learning and Educational Differences, is a nonprofit, BEE accredited organisation that strives to identify and meet the needs of those children in the education sector who learn differently.
SAALED seeks to appoint a National Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The incumbent would report to the National Board, through the Chairperson of SAALED.
- Develop and manage SAALED’s fundraising strategy and plan, under direction of the Board;
- Ensure relevant policies for SAALED;
- Develop and implement an interactive marketing strategy;
- Ensure that the identification of training programmes, internal administration and systems of SAALED are conducted professionally;
- Advocate for and facilitate, through diverse and extensive relationship building, the development of programmes and projects that support children with special learning differences and needs, according to the Inclusion Policy and international best practice;
- Manage the National Office of SAALED, based in Johannesburg, and its branches, under the guidance of the Board and the vision, annual strategic plan and operational guidelines;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the national qualifications framework and accredited training provision.
- Knowledge and experience of learners with special educational needs and of Inclusive Education;
- Professional qualification in a related profession;
- Successful track record in proposal drafting and fund raising;
- Several years experience in a leadership role in a school/ (policy) institution;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with a range of stakeholders in execution of duties;
- Relevant Financial management and business experience preferred.
- Fund raising and marketing skills;
- Passion for children whose needs are different and challenging;
- Sensitivity to diversity, excellent emotional intelligence;
- Strategic thinking ability; ability to multi-task and innovative approach;
- Strong inter-personal, communication and team building skills;
- Effective time management;
- Track record on leadership and decision making ability;
- Budgeting and Financial management skills;
- Vision for and ability to plan for growth and change;
- Understanding of research techniques;
- Project management and event management experience;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
Starting date: 1 February 2013.
Salary: A remuneration depending on experience will be offered.
To apply, submit the following to the Selection Committee at email@example.com or post to the Selection Committee, SAALED, PO Box 55023, Northlands 2116, Gauteng:
1. A covering letter of introduction and motivation to support application
2. Detailed CV
3. Certified copies of relevant qualifications
4. Names and contact details of a least three referees
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Submission of an application does not guarantee applicant will be called for an interview.
The process of selection for the finalists may involve relevant screening procedures. An appointment will only be made if a suitable candidate is identified. Successful applicant would be expected to embrace the vision and values of SAALED.
For more about the Southern African Association for Learning and Educational Differences, refer to www.saaled.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.