Rural Education Access Programme
The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) is an associate body of the Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference (SACBC) that facilitates access to higher education for economically disadvantaged rural matriculants.
REAP seeks to appoint a Student Development Advisor to join its KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) Regional team, based in Durban.
- Student support and counselling;
- Loan and grant administration;
- Selection processes and interviews;
- Institution, stake holder and service provider networking;
- Workshop organisation and facilitation;
- Record keeping and report writing.
- Tertiary qualification in social work or humanities studies;
- Minimum of three years relevant working experience;
- Fluency in an African language of South Africa;
- Fluency spoken and written English;
- Unendorsed driver’s licence;
- Ability to travel nationally;
- Strong administration skills with excellent attention to detail;
- Planning and self-management skills;
- Computer literacy and report writing skills;
- Team player with leadership skills;
- Confidence, integrity and professional maturity;
- Subscribe to the ethos of a community serving humanity;
- Ability to work independently in higher education institutions in KwaZulu-Natal.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter (one page) stating how they meet the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 696 9572.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Rural Education Access Programme, refer www.reap.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.