Rural Education Access Programme (REAP)
Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) is a national non-governmental organisation (NGO) and associate body of the Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference that facilitates access to Higher Education for poor rural matriculants.
REAP seeks to appoint a Student Development Advisor, based in Johannesburg.
- Student support and counselling;
- Loan and grant administration;
- Selection processes and interviews;
- Institution, stake holder and service provider networking;
- Workshop organisation and facilitation;
- Record keeping and report writing.
- Social work/humanities/education tertiary qualification;
- Three to five years relevant working experience;
- Fluency in an African language of South Africa;
- Ability to travel nationally;
- Fluency/spoken and written English
- Communication skills;
- People skills and a passion for the development of young people;
- Unendorsed driver’s licence with driving experience;
- Administration skills with attention to detail;
- Planning and self-management;
- Computer literacy and report writing skills;
- Team player with facilitation and leadership skills;
- Confidence, integrity and professional maturity;
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience in the higher education sector students support and/or working with youth;
- Subscribe to the ethos of a community serving humanity.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter, stating how they meet the requirements to the Business Support Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 021 696 9572.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Do not apply if you do not possess the required relevant qualification.
For more about the Rural Education Access Programme, refer www.reap.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.