Robin Trust is a Christian based nonprofit organisation committed to providing health care and training, social development, upliftment and comprehensive primary health care that comprises preventative, promotive and rehabilitative aspects in service provision.
Robin Trust seeks to appoint a Housekeeping Supervisor, based in Pinelands, Cape Town.
In addition to providing a one stop service to patients and residents with regards their specific comfort needs during their stay, the Housekeeping Supervisor role also has overall responsibility for all housekeeping and cleaning at Robin Trust. This role will report to the Nursing Services Manager.
- Cleaning coordination and ensuring adherence to cleaning and hygiene standards;
- Stock control: cleaning material and equipment;
- Managing contracts with third parties;
- Laundry coordination;
- Ensuring that waste disposal protocols are adhered to in each instance and that staff are trained appropriately to minimise the risk of infection and contamination;
- General administration: reports, completion of in-service training, completion of audits and action of non-conformances;
- All aspects of staff management across two shifts.
- Relevant qualification in hospitality, housekeeping, food preparation or catering;
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience – preferably gained within the healthcare/ elderly care sector;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Be familiar with food safety and food hygiene standards/cleaning and hygiene standards as these relate to medical facilities;
- Good administrative skills;
- Ability to teach and mentor own staff, student Nurses as well as trainee Carers in terms of cleaning and hygiene standards;
- Willing to come in and complete checks on catering or housekeeping services after hours.
To apply, submit a CV indicating which role you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not hear back from us within 10 days of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Robin Trust, refer to http://robintrust.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.