Robin Trust is a Christian based nonprofit organisation committed to providing health care and training, social development, upliftment and comprehensive primary health care that comprises preventative, promotive and rehabilitative aspects in service provision.
Robin Trust seeks to appoint a Catering Supervisor, based in Pinelands, Cape Town.
The Catering Supervisor will working in conjunction with the Dietician on our multi-disciplinary managed care team, this role has overall responsibility for all catering and food service at Robin Trust. This role will report to the Nursing Services Manager.
- Catering - meal costing, menu preparation, expenditure tracking, stock management, ensuring dietary requirements are met, overseeing serving of meals;
- Adherence to food safety, cleaning and hygiene standards;
- Stock management - foodstuffs, cutlery and crockery;
- General administration - reports, completion of in-service training, completion of audits and auctioning of non-conformances;
- All aspects of staff management across two shifts.
- Relevant qualification in hospitality, housekeeping, food preparation or catering;
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant work experience – preferably gained within the healthcare/ elderly care sector;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Be familiar with food safety and food hygiene standards/cleaning and hygiene standards as these relate to medical facilities;
- Good administrative skills;
- Ability to teach and mentor own staff, student Nurses as well as trainee Carers in terms of cleaning and hygiene standards;
- Willing to come in and complete checks on catering or housekeeping services after hours.
To apply, submit a CV indicating which role you are applying for to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not hear back from us within 10 days of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Robin Trust, refer to http://robintrust.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.