The Right2Know Campaign is an umbrella group of organisations and activists campaigning to advance the free flow of information in South Africa.
The Campaign seeks to appoint a Right to Communicate Organiser to support its campaigns for media freedom, diversity and access to telecommunications - the Right to Communicate.
With limited budget of R12 000 a month R2K will consider appointing someone either full-time, part-time or on a retainer – depending on the successful candidate’s skill, knowledge and experience.
The Campaign will also consider candidates wanting to work from R2K offices in Johannesburg, Durban or Cape Town.
The Right to Communicate Organiser wil support R2K campaigns for media freedom, diversity and access to telecommunications - the Right to Communicate.
This is an opportunity to work with committed activists around the country to have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa at this critical period in our democracy.
- Supporting activist collectives to develop and implement various advocacy strategies;
- Monitoring relevant legislation and media coverage;
- Preparing briefings, statements, and policy submissions for the Campaign;
- Representing the Campaign in various forums;
- Undertaking research;
- Develop popular education material and training events/
- Commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign;
- A good understanding of issues relating to media freedom, diversity and access to telecommunications;
- Insight into campaigning and movement building;
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with multilingualism being an advantage;
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, pay attention to detail, planning, organising and time management;
- Strong computer skills essential (Microsoft Word, Excel, E-mail and Internet);
- Ability to maintain good working relationship and work with volunteer activists in flexible team environments is a necessity;
- Driver’s licence, code 8, would be an advantage.
To apply, submit a motivation letter and CV with contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your notivation letter should indicate which R2K office you would preferably work from (Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal or the Western Cape) as well as the number of days per month you would work for the allocated R12 000 monthly budget (full-time, part-time, or a flexible retainer).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 447 1000.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about Right2Know Campaign, refer to www.r2k.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.