Right to Care
Right to Care is a Johannesburg based nonprofit (section 21 company), with a vision that all HIV-positive patients receive high quality treatment, care and support, improving their quality of life and productivity.
Right to Care seeks to appoint a Data Quality Mentor, based in Thaba Chweu Sub-District, in Ehlanzeni District, Mpumalanga.
The person will report to the Area Manager and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer.
- Strengthen and support the public health information system in the Right to Care-supported sub-districts;
- Support the implementation of Department of Health electronic and paper-based data management tools and systems in all public health facilities in the sub-districts;
- Provide training, mentoring, and technical assistance to enhance M&E/data-related capacity of sub-districts and health facilities;
- Support all facilities and sub-districts with routine tracking, quality assurance, dissemination, analysis and usage of HIV/TB-related data;
- Provide consistent and reliable data reporting to all stakeholders.
- Degree/Diploma in health / public health / social sciences, or other relevant field;
- Monitoring & Evaluation training;
- Minimum of three years of work experience in data management;
- Minimum of two years of work experience in managing HIV/TB Care & Treatment-related data, including data verification / quality assurance;
- Minimum of two years of work experience with Department of Health data/monitoring systems, from patient record level to District Health Information System (DHIS) level;
- Sound knowledge of HIV/TB Care & Treatment programmes, including basic clinical knowledge;
- Experience in managing of staff and training and facilitation skills would be an added advantage;
- Computer certification, including Excel.
Technical skills and behavioural competencies
- Must have above average computer and numeracy skills;
- Must have initiative and be able to plan and monitor the flow of activities and outcomes;
- Must have above average analytical, auditing and reporting skills;
- Must be able to pay attention to detail and write clear and concise reports;
- Must be proficient in English and one local language in the location of the post.
- Must be willing to travel extensively in district where post is based, with occasional overnight national travel;
- Must have valid drivers’ license and own transport.
Applicants will be expected to pass a series of tests (technical skills and knowledge), to be written at our offices in Johannesburg, Nelspruit, Durban, or Bethlehem.
Travel arrangements and costs to be covered by the applicants.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 627 6652.
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Right to Care, refer to www.righttocare.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.