Research ICT Africa
Research ICT Africa (RIA) conducts public-interest research on ICT policy and regulation that facilitates evidence-based and informed policy making for improved access, use and application of ICT for social development and economic growth. We require a full-time Principal Researcher/Senior Researcher/Researcher to join our research team in Cape Town on contract.
RIA’s research responds to national, regional and continental needs, providing African researchers, governments, regulators, operators, multilateral institutions, development agencies, community organizations and trade unions with the information and analysis required to develop innovative and appropriate policies, effective implementation and successful network operations that can contribute to sustainable development.
The company promotes interaction between researchers and their peers at national, regional and international levels to harmonize methodologies, tools and standards for conducting public-interest ICT policy research.
Research ICT Africa seeks to appoint a full-time, Senior Researcher, based in Cape Town.
Research and training under direction of the Executive Director:
- Conducting research;
- Collecting and analysing data for public policy papers;
- Working with databases;
- Administering questionnaires and conducting interviews.
- Preparation of presentations, reports and policy papers for dissemination;
- Lead and participate in teams established for the purpose of undertaking research and consulting projects for RIA;
- Preparation of proposals and tenders and writing up of research products.
- Hold a PhD;
- Minimum of fine years of experience working in ICT/infrastructure/policy research;
- Strong writing and language skills, requiring knowledge of academic and report styles and formatting;
- Strong analytical skills, statistical knowledge would be an advantage;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong writing, language skills;
- Competence in online research;
- Competence in extracting information from reports;
- Competence in software presentation/editing packages.
Starting date: 1 April 2014.
Remuneration: R420 000 – R540 000 per annum (total cost to company) – negotiable on experience and qualifications.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter Ondine Bello at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 447 6332.
For more about Research ICT Africa, refer to www.researchictafrica.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.