REPSSI - Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative
The Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI) is a nonprofit that works to lessen the devastating social and emotional impact of HIV/AIDS, poverty and conflict among children and youth.
REPSSI is supported by USAID – PEPFAR to implement the Certificate programme and development of the guidelines for the PSS Conceptual Framework in South Africa. The programme will be implemented collaboratively with the DSD in South Africa.
REPSSI seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluations (M&E) Officer, based at the REPSSI Secretariat in Johannesburg.
The person will report to the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager in Johannesburg. S/he will be required to coordinate, implement and oversee all monitoring and evaluation initiatives in South Africa as well as undertaking regular travel to the assigned areas.
- Lead in the design and implementation of the M&E framework for the Project;
- Collect data using approved tools from the institutions of learning, students and other stakeholders on the agreed time frame;
- Analyse data and generate quality reports for REPSSI and its partners;
- Provide feedback on data and reports received from stakeholders;
- Ensure data quality assurance by carrying out periodic data audits with partners and stakeholders;
- Conduct regular monitoring of the project implementation;
- Participate in the implementation of baseline surveys and periodic evaluations and assessments for project, (Pre intervention, Mid-term and End of Projects);
- Monitor programme and partner performance in meeting established objectives, targets and provide regular updates;
- Provide M&E related orientation, training and mentorship for the USAID supported programme;
- Contribute to promoting M&E capacity and sustainability in the assigned areas in collaboration with the regional M&E manager;
- Assist with all other strategic information related to activities, which involve data analysis and enhanced data use to inform programme improvements;
- Provide other M&E related support and expert assistance required in support of REPSSI programme.
- Qualification in social science or Bachelor’s degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, international health or related discipline;
- Minimum of five years experience in specific M&E related work and operationalisation of M&E frameworks;
- Experience in the OVCY work required, experience with psychosocial support is preferred;
- Ability to network and build multi-sectoral partnerships for monitoring and evaluation. Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Practical experience in basic data analysis;
- Experience in the implementation and management of M&E systems involving capacity building for field staff, monitoring and promotion of quality data;
- Experience with USAID - PEPFAR as well as other bilateral and multilateral donor M&E reporting requirements preferred;
- Computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office applications, with competence in programming and analysis using programs such as SAS, SPSS, Epi-Info or others is an advantage;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines;
- Proven ability to work as a team member with multidisciplinary teams;
- Willingness to take on new tasks and learn new skills as required. Willingness to travel extensively across the country;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from REPSSI within two weeks of application closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
This is a local position that does not come with any transfer /relocation benefits should the successful incumbent not be based in Johannesburg.
South African citizens are encouraged to apply.
For more about the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative, refer to www.repssi.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.