REPSSI - Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative
The Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative (REPSSI) is a nonprofit that works to lessen the devastating social and emotional impact of HIV/AIDS, poverty and conflict among children and youth.
REPSSI seeks to appoint a Finance Officer, based at the REPSSI Secretariat in Johannesburg.
The person will provide efficient finance support to the Secretariat in order to ensure an effective operation of all departments at the Secretariat.
- Budget management;
- Payments of goods and services;
- Processing of monthly reports, cash management and record keeping;
- Logistical preparations for programme meetings and workshops;
- Filing and safekeeping of documents;
- Carry out tasks assigned by the HOD Finance and Administration and work with the Regional Finance Officer on other reports.
- Degree level education, ideally with some Finance and Business Administration (may be studying for an accountancy/finance qualification);
- Minimum of three years experience in bookkeeping or auditing in a reputable organisation;
- Working experience with NGO is an asset;
- Ability to present data in easily accessible way;
- Excellent organisational, planning and logistical skills with a proactive attitude and attention to detail;
- Ability to work efficiently under time pressure;
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately;
- Skilled at prioritising and completing multiple tasks;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment;
- Experience with USAID - PEPFAR as well as other bilateral and multilateral donor Finance reporting requirements preferred.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from REPSSI within two weeks of application closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
This is a local position that does not come with any transfer /relocation benefits should the successful incumbent not be based in Johannesburg.
South African citizens are encouraged to apply.
For more about the Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative, refer to www.repssi.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.