The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP)
The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) is Cape Town based NGO with offices in Gauteng and Kwazulu Natal. REAP assists South African rural students to access Higher Education throughout South Africa. The REAP Programme promotes holistic, student development and student success and aims to produce impactful, employable, young South African citizens during their tertiary career.
REAP seeks to appoint a Student Development Advisor Intern, based in Johannesburg.
The successful candidate should be a confident, proactive, multi – tasker who is a Social Work or Social Sciences graduate and who has during their student career demonstrated a passion for aspects of Student leadership / Student Development / Student Support.
The internship is a one year contract.
- Assist tertiary students to overcome personal and academic challenges by empowering them to creatively and independently find solutions.
- Provide the REAP Programme and the REAP student with the required efficient administrative support which promotes the effectiveness of the Programme. (i.e. financial administration, database management, soft and hard filing and report writing)
- Engage in conceptualizing, planning, implementing and evaluating student activities and events (i.e. student workshops and camps)
- Establish and maintain significant relationships with relevant institutional faculties and support departments
- Contribute towards the REAP Programme through meaningful and constructive organizational participation.
- Completed Social Work / Social Sciences Degree
- One - two years experience as an administrative student assistant / tutorial assistant / student mentor within the tertiary environment.
- Learner’s licence
- Voluntary work experience in having served a Community
- An unendorsed Driver’s Licence
The following qualities will promote success and longevity in this role:
- Excellent Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Teamplaying Skills with the ability to work independently
- An analytical, solutions – based thinking approach
- A quick work pace and ability to deal with pressure while accuracy and attention to detail is uncompromised.
- An excellent learning orientation and teachable spirit
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Excellent Planning and Co-ordinating Skills
- Excellent Administrative Skills
- A deep appreciation for the concept of Ubuntu / An ethos of servitude / and a community serving Humanity
- A high level of Computer Literacy (Word, Excel and Database Management)
An initial probationary period for this position will be effected. Subject to job performance, attitude and organisational fit the position could be extended to permanent appointment.
To apply, submit a comprehensive CV, motivating letter stating why your application should be taken further to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about The Rural Education Access Programme, refer to www.reap.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.