Reach For A Dream Foundation
Reach For A Dream seeks to alleviate the strain that a life-threatening illness places on children and their families by providing the children with the opportunity to realise their dream. Reach For A Dream enriches children's lives by making dreams come true and as a result, distracting them from the needles, medication and hospital environment. In addition, Reach For A Dream offers the child a magical moment to regain their childhood that is being lost to an illness.
Reach For A Dream seeks to appoint a Fundraiser, based in Pretoria.
- Research and develop innovative marketing and leading-edge best practices;
- Create new partnerships and relationships with corporate donors, trusts and foundations, government departments;
- To implement new marketing strategies for fundraising and develop partnerships and relationships;
- Develop long-term fundraising resources and in-kind donations in accordance with the branch organisation’s needs;
- Attend all events and network meetings;
- Oversee the branch donor database, ensuring constant intelligence gathering (research) whilst adhering to confidentiality and privacy of information;
- Prepare and write persuasive proposals;
- Present reports to donors and management;
- Implement various fundraising approaches;
- Assist with identification of cause-related marketing opportunities;
- Assist colleagues with securing sponsorship and contributions for special events and campaigns;
- To be the face and voice of the Pretoria branch for building support.
- Minimum of five years senior fundraising experience with a proven track record of success in fundraising and a strong knowledge of the sector;
- Technical management of philanthropic fundraising techniques: direct mail, face-to-face fundraising, major donor recruitment, legacy programmes and special events campaigns;
- Relationship-building skills and the ability to inspire others;
- Demonstrable ability to negotiate with staff at all levels (from fundraising staff, to executive management and board members);
- Analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skill, as well as financial literacy;
- Computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office;
- Ability to negotiate at high level;
- Written and oral Afrikaans/English communication skills.
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Reach For A Dream Foundation, refer to http://www.reachforadream.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org