Project 90 by 2030
Project 90 by 2030 is a registered nonprofit organisation established in 2007. The project exists to challenge South Africans to change their lifestyles and the way they relate to the environment significantly. The project envisions a world that sustains humanity, where people are valued and earth systems are preserved. Project 90 by 2030's aim is to inspire and bring about significant, positive change in the way we, as humans, engage with earth systems and each other.
Project 90 by 2030 seeks to appoint a committed Treasurer with a strong financial background, based in Cape Town.
The Treasurer form part of the Board of Governors and will undertake to commit the equivalent of about five days of the year on Project 90 activities, made up roughly as follows:
- 4 Regular board meetings per year – approximately 3 hours each;
- One strategic planning meeting per year – one day;
- Periodic interaction with Project 90 via email, preparing for meetings, etc – two days over the course of the year.
a) Strategic oversight:
- Hold the organisation’s Director to account with regards to financial oversight and key activities of the organisation;
- Provide advice to the Director on issues of financial oversight and planning;
- Provide strategic financial guidance to Project 90 staff on request.
b) Financial administration:
- Ensure that proper accounting records are kept which reflect the finances of Project 90 accurately and that audits are conducted timeously;
- Approve the annual budget;
- Approve all expenditure which has not been approved in the annual budget;
- Review monthly financial statements;
- Act as a signatory for Project 90, including bank accounts;
- Sign off on six monthly audit reports;
- Maintain confidentiality when required.
c) General Board member responsibilities:
- Make a serious commitment to participate actively on Board-related work;
- Stay informed about Board matters, prepare well for meetings, review and comment on minutes and reports;
- Get to know other Board members and build a collegial working relationship that can contribute to cooperation;
- Be an active participant in the Board's annual review and planning efforts;
- Participate in fund raising for the organization where possible;
- Commit to being a board member for a period of up to two years.
- Minimum five years financial management experience in an NPO environment;
- B.Com or similar qualification with a national finance certificate;
- Good ability to interpret management and financial information.
The Treasurer position is unpaid.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter, including three references (with contact details) to Olivia@90x2030.org.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Project 90 reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about Project 90 by 2030, refer to www.90x2030.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.