Policy Action Network - Children
The Policy Action Network (PAN) is hosted by the Research Use and Impact Assessment Unit (RIA) at the Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) and is supported by the Department of Science and Technology. PAN supports the policy community by sourcing information on social policy with the aim of contributing to rigour in policy making and greater participation in policy processes.
UNICEF and HSRC have formed a partnership to establish and maintain a policy-oriented knowledge hub (PAN: Children) on child rights and equity in South Africa. PAN: Children aims to provide high-quality, timely information to inform decision-making and policy and practice in relation to children. It aims to strengthen the dialogue between suppliers and users of child-related evidence in order to bridge the gap between the information needs of policy and decision makers in South Africa and evidence offered by research and evaluation bodies.
PAN: Children project seeks to recruit a Master’s level Intern on a short-term contract.
This position involves taking responsibility for the development of the PAN: Children portal and includes content management, the production of abstracts and other information products; and contributing to the convening of policy dialogues and other forms of engagement.
This is a five-month, full-time Internship based in Pretoria.
The activities of the Intern on the PAN: Children project include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Content management and development of the PAN: Children portal;
- The development of information products relevant to the portal;
- Coordination and convening of PAN: Children policy dialogues and related events;
- Liaising both internally and externally with partners and stakeholders;
- Contribute to quarterly and other reports on activities of PAN: Children;
- Coordinate and attend meetings of the PAN: Children Advisory Committee;
- Contribute to the development of an up-to-date stakeholder database;
- Contribute to networking activities.
- Interest and background in children’s rights and policy processes;
- Sound writing skills and the ability to translate research into accessible formats;
- Familiarity with information management and dissemination;
- Willingness to network widely with researchers and monitor current affairs.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details (fax & Tel) of recent referees and motivation to Valerie Fichardt at email@example.com or hand deliver to 134 Pretorius Street, Pretoria.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applicants may be required to undertake a written exercise in the competencies required for the position and an integrity assessment.
Enquiries: Tel: 012 302 2429.
For more about the Policy Action Network, refer to www.pan.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.