Peninsula School Feeding Association
Peninsula School Feeding Association (PSFA) was established to address the problem of hunger in children, while they are at school. PSFA is a registered non-profit organisation, established in 1958. For more than 55 years, PSFA has been providing meals to hungry children in primary, secondary and special-needs schools in the Western Cape Province.
Peninsula School Feeding Association seeks to appoint a Fundraiser, based in Cape Town
The successful candidate will will start in January 2014 and be responsible for securing new key funders including corporates, foundations, international funding organisations, State funding and individual donors. The position requires building successful long-term, sustainable funding relationships from initial research, proposal writing and contact to report writing and maintaining strong donor relationships.
- Minimum education level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant field (such as management, marketing, public relations or communication);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working for a grant making organisation or as a fundraiser;
- Experience in raising and managing donor income and evidence previous success;
- Experience in programme and fundraising proposal development;
- Experience in financial management and budgeting;
- Experience in drawing up business concepts and implementing these;
- Management experience and ability to lead a fundraising team consisting of an Events Coordinator and Fundraising Administrative Assistant;
- An in-depth understanding of the funding environment in South Africa including corporate social investment and BBBEE opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills including English writing and presentation;
- Research experience and an ability to network and source potential funding opportunities;
- Computer and IT skills knowledge as well as social media (Face Book, Twitter);
- Organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- An understanding of the nonprofit sector;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Marketing, PR and event management experience will be an advantage;
- Valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
Remuneration is negotiable and will be based on previous experience.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you do not hear back from us, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. The PSFA will not be responsible for relocation costs.
For more about Peninsula School Feeding Association, refer to www.psfa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.