The Pebbles Project Trust
The Pebbles Project Trust is a registered nonprofit organisation (NPO) that supports children, families and communities on the wine farms in and around Stellenbosch and Wellington. The work of Pebbles consists of five main pillars: education, health, nutrition, protection and environment.
The Pebbles Project Trust seeks to appoint a Social Worker based in Stellenbosch.
This is a three-year renewable contract based on funding and performance. This is a full-day position (08h00 – 17h00), 4-5 days per week.
- Provide Social Work assistance and play therapy to the children and their families, as and when required;
- Arrange for and liaise with external providers, such as Psychologists and Statutory Social Workers, to help the families, should the Social Worker not be able to assist;
- Provide advice to the Pebbles Project staff, as well as the ECD and After School Club staff, on dealing with children who are presenting with behavioural problems;
- Ensure that his/her Social Work registrations are up to date and in line with registration requirements;
- Any other duties as assigned on an ad-hoc basis;
- To report to the General Manager at the Pebbles Project.
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work Qualification;
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport;
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Services Professions;
- Knowledge in the Children’s Act and statutory processes;
- Minimum of three-five years relevant experience;
- Skilled in individual, group and community work;
- Experience working with young children and youth;
- Ability to develop and implement programmes in line with the Trust’s objectives;
- Training and presentation skills;
- Networking skills;
- Ability to work with a team and to work independently;
- Fluent written/spoken English and Afrikaans;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Strong administration skills, report writing skills and computer literacy.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Kobie Snyman at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you are not invited for an interview by 14 November 2014, consider your application unsuccessful.
Only successful applicants will be contacted and no correspondence will be entered into.
Employment Equity candidates will be given preference for this position. The Pebbles Project Trust reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about the Pebbles Project Trust, refer to http://www.pebblesproject.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.