The Pebbles Project Trust
The Pebbles Project Trust is a registered nonprofit organisation that supports children, families and communities on the wine farms in and around Stellenbosch and Wellington. The work of Pebbles consists of five main pillars: education, health, nutrition, protection and environment.
The Pebbles Project Trust seeks to appoint a Mobile Computer Programme Manager based in Stellenbosch.
The Mobile Computer Programme Manager will be responsible for managing a mobile computer library to support the educational work that the Pebbles Project undertakes in their ECD and After-School Care facilities. This is a fixed term contract based on funding and performance.
- Managing the Mobile Computer Library Programme: basic equipment, computer systems, itemising and creating inventories, and other relevant paperwork;
- Purchasing all computer equipment and software for the programme according to budget and maintain software and equipment in good, clean, working order;
- Visiting After-School Clubs on a regular basis to provide access to the children at these centres;
- Presenting computer literacy lessons and sourcing relevant/suitable computer programmes for children (age range 7-18 years);
- Managing the Facet Computer Programme budget, and overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of the Mobile Computer Lab vehicle;
- Providing IT support to the Pebbles Project offices and After-School Club centres;
- Liaising with other organisations involved with mobile computer programmes and to stay abreast of new legislation, guidelines and recommendations;
- Reporting back to the CEO, trustees and donors on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Relevant tertiary qualification, with general computer processing or computer communication skills and experience;
- Previous experience in coordinating office networks, equipment and connectivity;
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of office software packages;
- Fluent in both Afrikaans and English;
- Have valid driving licence and own reliable transport;
- Must be prepared to obtain a Code 10 driver’s licence;
- Previous teaching experience would be advantageous;
- Abilities to work independently and as part of our great team;
- Abilities to work flexible hours, some weekends and evenings occasionally;
- Attention to detail, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines to successfully deliver a diversity of objectives and demands.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to Kobie Snyman at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If you are not invited for an interview by 30 March 2015, consider your application unsuccessful.
Employment Equity candidates will be given preference for this position. The Pebbles Project Trust reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about the Pebbles Project Trust, refer to http://www.pebblesproject.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.