Pietermaritzburg Agency For Community Social Action
Pietermaritzburg Agency For Community Social Action (PACSA) is an independent, faith-based NGO that facilitates development processes to achieve social and economic justice. PACSA works for improved social cohesion as poverty is reduced in communities in the uMgungundlovu district in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
PACSA seeks to appoint a Director, based in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Lead the team in visioning, strategic thinking and overall planning processes;
- Analyse the current socio-political context from a social justice and Christian values perspective, to position the organisation to be effective, and make strategic changes quickly;
- Present and represent the organisation responsibly in relation to different publics;
- Strategic financial planning: Plan for and raise sufficient finance for the operations and development of PACSA;
- Hire the appropriate people to contribute to the values and work of the organisation;
- Oversee all aspects of operational functions, including: programme planning and management; financial planning and management; human resources management, and internal and external communications;
- Develop and maintain effective governance systems under the leadership of PACSA Council;
- ,Inspire the team to appreciate and work out of the shared values of PACSA;
- Promote and develop PACSA’s shared developmental practice;
- Oversee learning and development within PACSA, including staff, volunteers and leadership;
- Build, develop and sustain respectful and functional relationships between staff, as well as between the organisation and all its stakeholders, with a strong emphasis on community partners.
- Minimum of two years experience in leading or co-leading an organisation;
- Experience with working in multicultural and diverse environments;
- Excellent communication skills in English for reporting, communication, publications and media;
- Proficiency in spoken isiZulu would be an advantage, and having workable strategies to work with multiple languages in different contexts;
- Commitment to grappling with the faith foundations of social justice and change;
- Christian faith commitment to social justice;
- Postgraduate qualification will be an advantage.
For more information and application requirements, refer to www.pacsa.org.za.
Starting date: 1 April 2013.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and samples of written documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
PACSA is an equal opportunities employer. PACSA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
For more about the PACSA, refer to www.pacsa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.