The New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is an NGO that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint a Executive Manager for the Youth Leadership Development, based in Sandton.
The Trust is looking to recruit a suitable candidate to drive existing youth leadership programmes (groundBREAKERS, Mpintshis, and Alumni) through the loveLife implementation structure and ensure that the design and implementation of these programmes is kept in line with loveLife and national youth development strategies. The successful applicant would be required to fulfil the following primary functions in a professional manner and with technical excellence:
- Develop a coherent youth leadership development strategy for loveLife;
- Design new content, training, and other programmatic tools in line with the youth development strategy of loveLife for Mpintshis, groundBREAKERS, and Alumni;
- Identify and assist with the production of PR and media maximising the exposure of the department’s success in mainstream media;
- The Executive Manager is responsible for the following key products: groundBREAKER Mover’s Guide; Mpintshi Mover’s Guide; groundBREAKER Reference Manual; Mpintshi Reference Manual; Regional Programme Leader’s Guide; the Alumni Programme Guide; and all strengths-based coaching material at loveLife, including the programmatic partnerships that facilitate the inclusion of this content;
- Thought leadership in academic contexts, as well as internal knowledge management, are key to this position;
- The Alumni Programme is coordinated nationally. The Executive Manager must ensure that all staff working on this programme are consistently aligned with the youth development strategy;
- Oversee sales and PR function of the Alumni Team, focusing the team on achieving targets related to placement of alumni in meaningful opportunities;
- Represent loveLife and promote the activities and successes of the programme at various functions and forums and potentially develop new partnerships;
- Assist with managing partner and potential partner relationships;
- Design and implement evaluation tools to help inform programme design and development;
- Design and implement Quality Assurance tools to ensure implementation aligns properly with programme design and vice versa.
- Relevant Post Graduate Qualification (Honours and above), Masters and Doctoral degree will be an advantage;
- Solid youth development background;
- A passion for young people;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written;
- Excellent administrative and data skills with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good coordination skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Ability to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work according to systems and procedures and identify opportunities;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Good computer hardware, software and troubleshooting skills;
- Driver’s Licence required.
To apply, submit a summarised CV (no certificates) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach loveLife National Offices.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
For more about The New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.