New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is an NGO that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote healthy, HIV-free living among South African teens. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The New loveLife Trust seeks to appoint a Deputy Chief Executive Officer, based in Johannesburg.
The person will provide strategic vision and overall leadership for the organisation’s operations and business support services. S/he will be required to fulfil the following functions with technical excellence in order to deliver on the long term vision of “developing complete young leaders for an HIV free future”:
- Ensure that loveLife’s fiscal, operational, marketing, human capital, technology, and programmatic strategies are effectively aligned and implemented across all segments of the organisation;
- Collaborate with the CEO to design, refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, human resources, and priorities are aligned with loveLife’s core mission;
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all Programme and Functional Owners;
- Maintain a strong and transparent working relationship between management and staff and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals;
- Formulate comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors;
- Ensure the delivery of high quality services while managing for current and future growth;
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications throughout the organization; promote a positive, strengths based work environment that supports innovation and excellence throughout the organisation’s strategy, operational methods, data management and systematic learning;
- Oversee the financial status of the organisation including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organisation is operating in a manner that supports the needs of programmes and staff;
- Continuous improvement of efficiency and effectiveness throughout the organisation;
- Ensure development and implementation of systems that subscribe to good corporate governance.
The successful candidate must believe in the core values of loveLife and be driven by passion for Youth Leadership and HIV prevention.
- Qualified medical doctor
- Master’s degree in social sciences/MBA will added advantage;
- Minimum of 15 years management experience (five of which should be at executive level);
- Prior NGO experience ideal;
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends;
- Significant programme development, fundraising, marketing/branding and financial management experience a must;
- Financially savvy and business astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems;
- Keen analytic, organisation and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making;
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions;
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and inclination to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser;
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff;
- Direct involvement in HIV Prevention and Youth Leadership Programming.
Total remuneration package: R900 000 per annum, cost to company.
To apply, submit a CV (no certificate) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.