New Dawn Foundation
New Dawn Foundation was founded in 2011. It is an education focused and youth development non-governmental organisation (NGO) that has founded The South African Spelling Spark Programme for primary schools and high schools, in Limpopo, Mpumalanga and now Gauteng. The organisation is a growing organisation and works closely with schools in order to develop the education standards in languages and career guidance support.
New Dawn Foundation seeks to appoint three Freelance Fundraising Campaign Managers, based in and around Gauteng, Limpopo and Mpumalanga.
The successful candidates will be on a part-time basis and commission based. The Managers will sign a one-year contract renewable every year.
The Fundraising Managers must be well connected within the NGO industry, maintain and control all of the funding strategies of the organisations.
Managers will be provided with transport and logistics support for admin and travel purposes, but preferably have your own computer / laptop. The organisation will provide you with a cellphone, mobile wifi router, monthly airtime and data baundle allowance and a travelling allowance as per the events and campaigns budget.
- Write and submit grant proposals;
- Oversee and run the entire organisations's fundraising programme;
- Organise and implement fundraising events, walks and online and offline fundraising initiatives;
- Manage fundraising volunteers;
- Be a primary ambassador of the organisation;
- Attend important fundraising leads events on behalf of the company;
- Build the organisation's corporate image;
- Submit weekly reports from your division to the Chief Coordinator and President of the organisation.
- Preferably stay in Gauteng, Limpopo and Mpumalanga;
- Willingness to travel to different functions and fundraisng events all over South Africa (our expense);
- Minimu of one year fundraising for an NGO experience;
- Understanding and experience of Grant writing and proposals;
- Fundraising training will be advantageous;
- Matric essential;
- Driver's licence advantageous but not essential;
- Own vehicle advantageous but not essential;
- Competency / Qualifications in the following will be seen as an advantage:
- Public Relations
- Project Management
- Events Management
- Development Studies (or experience working with NGOs)
- Office Technology
Salary: Successful candidates will sign a memorandum of understanding with a negotiable commission interest gained from all fundraising initiatives.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational Letter, to Edith at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how you can manage New Dawn Foundation's Fundraising Programme from your ideas and experience, quoting NGOPulse in your email subject and mention the province you would like to operate in. e.g "Application: Limpopo - Fundraising vacancy- NGOPulse"
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about New Dawn Foundation, refer to http://africandawn.yolasite.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.