Nelson Mandela Childrens Hospital
The Nelson Mandela Children's Fund (NMCF) strives to change the way society treats its children and youth. The Fund has embarked on a strategic framework for the period 2010 to 2015, reflecting a new trajectory on its journey to ‘change the way society treats its children and youth. This framework intends to give voice and dignity to the African child by building a rights-based movement.
NMCF seeks to appoint an experienced and knowledgeable Specialist Advisor on Capital Campaigns, based in Johannesburg.
This is an eighteen-month contract position.
The following projects would be the responsibility of the incumbent:
- Formulation of NMCH donor recognition guidelines and naming opportunities;
- Training and development
- Legacy/bequest giving programme;
- Donor management
- Third party events;
- Donor management database;
- Volunteer management;
- Corporate fundraising.
- Internationally recognised qualification in fundraising and volunteer management at a post-secondary institution;
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with a dynamic team;
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, donor relationship management database;
- Experience/knowledge in leading successful capital campaigns;
- Minimum of five years of relevant fundraising experience, including international hospital fundraising experience with specific focus on capital campaigns;
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing a successful fundraising strategy;
- Experience working with volunteers to raise funds;
- Significant experience with tax effective giving and bequest gifts;
- Knowledge and understanding of and a demonstrable passion for health and the development context.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of your referees and motivation letter to email@example.com or fax to: 086 697 1191. Alternatively, post your application to the HR Manager, NMCF, P O Box 797, Highlands North, 2037.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Nelson Mandela Children's Fund, refer to www.nmcf.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.