National Religious Association for Social Development (NRASD)
The National Religious Association for Social Development (NRASD) was established by representatives of the religious organisations (Baha’i, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Islamic and Jewish) involved in a national conference on the transformation of welfare in South Africa,hosted in Cape Town by the EFSA Institute. The basic approach of the NRASD is to strengthen the capacity and programmes of existing networks to enable them to play an even bigger role in this field. Together the religious groups represent by far the largest networks for social, welfare and development work in South Africa.
CBIMS is the new Community-Based Intervention Monitoring System that the Department of Social Development has provided to Community Based Organisations (CBO’s). It is an internet system that captures all services delivered by CBO’s at beneficiary level.
NRASD seeks to appoint a CBIMS Support Officer, based in the Dr. Kenneth Kaunda District in North West.
The CBIMS Support Officer will be responsible to train and mentor CBO’s in a district on CBIMS. Full training will be provided on CBIMS, however a strong computer skill and use of similar tools would be the foundation needed. Combined with the understanding and exposure to CBO work in the area of Home Based Care (HBC) and Orphaned and Vulnerable Child Care (OVC) programmes and the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) thereof.
- Coordinate and execute day-to-day operational activities (training and mentoring) of the CBIMS support at various CBO’s in the district as assigned by the Provincial Coordinator and M&E Officer;
- Ensure that programme legal documents are correctly completed, signed and filed;
- Document all work, correspondence received and written; and maintain complete and accurate paper (hard copy) and electronic files;
- Conduct programme post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful programme elements;
- Perform related duties and tasks as appropriately assigned by the Provincial Coordinator and the M&E Officer.
- Plan and schedule programme timelines and milestones using appropriate tools;
- Track programme milestones and deliverables.
- Liaise with programme personnel and stakeholders on an ongoing basis;
- Meet with programme personnel and stakeholders, as may be necessary;
- Build, develop and grow relations and partnerships vital to the success of the programme;
Develop communication documents.
- Serve as a point of contact for the CBIMS support in the District;
- Effectively communicate programme expectations to programme personnel and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Stay informed and keep track of data and developments in CBIMS, M&E and related fields;
- Identify and participate in staff enrichment and development programmes;
- Attend and participate in meetings, workshops and training courses, as required.
- Uphold and exemplify the NRASD’s vision, mission, values and objectives;
- Uphold and implement the NRASD’s policies and procedures.
The NRASD expects the following minimum requirements from the CBIMS Support Officer:
- The CBIMS Support Officer must be able to take on responsibility and work unsupervised;
- Relevant qualification and at least 1 year of experience in computer data capture or related field;
- Minimum of one year of exposure on M&E at a community level, including large donor reporting requirements;
- The CBIMS Officer would need to be able to provide services up to March 2016;
- The NRASD Programme is implemented in the five inland provinces and the CBIMS Support Officer would be based in an office in a district and province as determined by the NRASD;
- The CBIMS Support Officer must reside in Dr Kenneth Kaunda District in North West;
- The CBIMS Support Officer must be in possession of a valid driver’s licence and access to a car. The position requires that the CBIMS Support Officer travel between stakeholders;
- The Sub-Recipients with sites where support is required are:
- Anglican AIDS and Healthcare Trust;
- Kerklike Maatskaplike Diensteraad;
- Methodist Church of Southern Africa;
- Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference;
- Starfish Greathearts Foundation.
To apply, submit a CV to Beaula Mokube at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applications will be evaluated and shortlisted candidates will be informed of the results by 25 March 2015.
For more about the National Religious Association for Social Development, refer to www.nrasd.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.