MOSAIC Training, Service and Healing Centre for Women
MOSAIC is a well-known organisation in Cape Town that delivers an array of programmes and support services to victims of domestic and sexual violence.
MOSAIC seeks to appoint a Training Coordinator for the MenCare+ Programme, based in Mitchells Plain, Cape Town.
The Training Coordinator will report to the MenCare+ Programme Manager and will be responsible for the effective planning and facilitation of training workshops.
This is a contract position and is based on the programme funding cycle.
- Implement and coordinate training activities relating to MOSAIC’s Mencare+ programme;
- Facilitate training of trainers workshops based on established training materials;
- Facilitate training workshops on Male Counselling Toolkit;
- Supervise and mentor trainers who will implement the training of the Male Counselling Toolkit;
- Assist the Programme Manager and other programme staff in the development and design of programme materials and workshop content;
- Assist the Programme Manager to facilitate internal capacity development sessions;
- Write and submit timely, informative, high quality and comprehensive reports using approved standards and formats;
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships to ensure ownership and sustainability and expanding cooperation;
- Support effective realisation of outcomes by contributing to implementation, substantive refinement and monitoring and evaluation of project progress;
- Identify additional key stakeholders to be included in programme activities;
- Operate within outlines programme activity budget;
- Other related duties and assignments.
- Bachelor of Social Science or equivalent, post graduate degree will be advantageous;
- Clear understanding of the role of men in the field of gender-based-violence and ability to debate the issues;
- Knowledge of GBV is essential;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a training and facilitation role in an NGO environment
- Experience in developing and designing workshop materials and content;
- Experience in working on large and complex donor funded programmes is advantageous;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Communication and report writing skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to assume a supervision role and coordinate;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV with three contactable referees to email@example.com / The HR Manager, MOSAIC at: PO Box 18460, Wynberg, 7824 or fax to 0866 748 017.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. MOSAIC retains the right to not make an appointment for this vacancy.
For more information about MOSAIC, refer to http://mosaic.org.za/main
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse