Mindset Network is a nonprofit organisation that aims at personal, social and economic development of all people in Africa. Mindset uses information and communication technologies (ICTs) to support education in the schooling and health sectors.
Mindset Network seeks to appoint an enthusiastic, hard-working, passionate Technical Support, based in Johannesburg.
This person will be responsible for providing Technical Support across our Production, Post Production and Broadcast Platforms. These services will be provided to the entire Mindset Group.
Transmission /CAR facilities
- Day to day technical problem solving;
- Logging technical faults in the Traffic Helpdesk System, and follow to conclusion;
- Reporting of all serious or recurring technical faults to Operations Manager;
- Training CAR operators on fault procedures, technical specifications and basic problem solving;
- Escalating unresolved issues to the Operations Manager and or 3rd party support staff;
- Schedule and execute regular maintenance for equipment;
- Clear understanding of plauout systems;
- Clear understanding or harmonic head end equipment:
- ASI Contributions
- IP contributions
- ASI Deliveries
On air management
- ITX first line support to Mindset and Traffic, escalation to Mindset to resolve with suppliers;
- First line support on broadcast servers;
- Follow through and resolve technical issues escalated;
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers;
- Schedule and execute regular maintenance for Broadcast;
- Storage management.
- Oversee any technical activity pertaining to studios, edit and final mix;
- Avid post production
- Component / SDI / Analouge signals
- Support internal and external operators with day to day operational or technical issues – Studios, CAR.
- Be technically up to date on the functionality of all relevant facilities hardware and software within Traffic;
- Keep and maintain wire diagrams for the facility base;
- Maintain the electrical supplier relationship, first line support and escalation to supplier;
- First line support and escalation for the UPS in Mindset and Traffic, the building generator, aircons and gas suppression system. Includes management of 3rd party supplier;
- Responsible for servicing and maintenance (escalation and management of third party suppliers) on all relevant facility hardware and software;
- Engineering and operator functions on productions or live to air shows;
- Asset tagging and reporting on all Traffic assets;
- Assist with training Traffic staff on hardware and software applications on relevant facility machines.
- Minimum of two to five years experience in a similar environment;
- Tertiary education in an IT/broadcast/technical field;
- Proficient in Microsoft office and Google Suite of applications;
- Strong understanding of production / post production facility systems (software, avid, final mix, pro-tools);
- Previous experience in media management storage;
- Previous experience in a broadcasting environment;
- Understanding of broadcast head end equipment;
- Knowledge of ASI Contributions;
- Knowledge of multiplexing;
- Knowledge of IP contributions;
- Strong knowledge of Avid systems;
- Understanding of component/SDI and analogue signals.
- Ability to create and implement efficient workflow processes;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to make sound judgment calls;
- Sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Ability to use initiative and work independently when required;
- Assertive and confident;
- Sound time management skills;
- Conflict management;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Delivery driven and patience;
- Valid driver's licence essential.
To apply, complete the form (http://bit.ly/1m7oxA5) and submit.
Enquiries: e-mail: email@example.com and quote “Technical Support Vacancy” so that your query can be tended to timeously.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Mindset Network, refer to www.mindset.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.