Mindset Network is a nonprofit organisation that aims at personal, social and economic development of all people in Africa. Mindset uses information and communication technologies (ICTs) to support education in the schooling and health sectors.
Mindset Network seeks to appoint a professional individual as Receptionist for a period of three to four months, based in Johannesburg.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring that an efficient and friendly culture is created and maintained for all internal and external contacts.
- Managing the switchboard by ensuring that all calls are answered in an efficient, friendly and professional manner for Mindset and its group companies;
Transferring all calls to the relevant extension number;
- Taking down clear and accurate messages and ensuring that all messages are received by the relevant person timeously;
- Receive all clients/visitors to Mindset Network and Traffic in a polite, friendly, helpful, professional and efficient manner;
- Announce the arrival of all visitors to the appropriate person and ensure that all visitors are met and received without delay;
- Ensuring that the Reception work station is manned at all times;
- Manage the reception relief roster;
- Remain up to date on the whereabouts of staff in terms of their absence from the office to redirect calls appropriately;
- Receipt and notification of all hand delivered mail and parcels;
- Creation and maintenance of a “How To” file for all relief/temporary receptionists
- Ensure the general reception area and reception workstation are kept clean, neat and tidy;
- General typing/admin tasks and assistance as required.
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- PC literacy;
- Driver’s license an advantage;
- Positive and client oriented outlook;
- Friendly demeanour;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Professional approach to tasks, fellow employees and all external contacts;
- Ability to use initiative and judgment when needed;
- Ability to work remain friendly and professional in a pressurized environment.
No late applications will be accepted.
To apply, complete the form (http://bit.ly/1yfuulx) and submit.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Mindset Network, refer to www.mindset.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.