Maths Centre for Professional Teachers
The Maths Centre for Professional Teachers, popularly known as the Maths Centre, is a nonprofit organisation of excellence in mathematics, science, technology and entrepreneurship education.
Maths Centre for Professional Teachers seeks to appoint a Field Trainers, based in Western Cape in following education districts: Cape Winelands; Eden and Central Karoo, and West Coast.
This is a one-year, fixed-term contract position.
The person will support primary school educators in developing and enhancing the teaching and learning of Mathematics in the Foundation and Intermediate Phases (Grades 1 to 6) in the Western Cape. The project is a partnership with the Department of Education.
- University level in mathematics;
- Project coordinator/Field Trainer’s experience;
- Strong qualifications with good symbols in HG mathematics at school level;
- Strong teacher development experience in mathematics;
- Minimum of five years teaching qualifications (and proof thereof) and experience of the new curriculum (CAPS) in Mathematics in the Foundation and Intermediate Phases (Grades 1 to 6);
- Proof of competencies must be provided: Resourcefulness, interpersonal skills, eloquent presentation style, much focussed time management, problem-solving capability, strong content knowledge and methodology in PRIMARY Mathematics.
- Field Trainer in the West Coast education district. Afrikaans as first language is a prerequisite. Applicants must be prepared to relocate and travel to project schools in and around the education district in the Western Cape.
- University level in mathematics and project coordinator/field trainer’s experience are useful;
- Own functional car and license (min code EB) an absolute must.
Salary: Will be available on interview.
Starting date: 1 August 2013.
To apply, submit a CV and detailed motivation letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 771 0035. A letter of motivation MUST be attached elaborating on the essential criteria and capability in developing PRIMARY SCHOOL teachers in Mathematics. Do not apply unless you meet the essential criteria.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 715 0249.
For more about the Maths Centre for Professional Teachers, refer to www.mcpt.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at http://mzan.si/AAzs.