Maths Centre for Professional Teachers (Maths Centre)
The Maths Centre for Professional Teachers, popularly known as the Maths Centre, is a nonprofit organisation of excellence in mathematics, science, technology and entrepreneurship education.
Maths Centre for Professional Teachers seeks to appoint a Field Trainer, based in Western Cape.
This is a six-month fixed term contract position.
The person will support primary school educators in developing and enhancing the teaching and learning of Mathematics in the Foundation and Intermediate Phases (Grades 1 to 6) in the Western Cape. The project is a partnership with the Department of Education.
- University level in mathematics;
- Project coordinator/Field Trainer’s experience;
- Strong qualifications with good symbols in HG mathematics at school level;
- Strong teacher development experience in mathematics;
- Minimum of five years teaching qualifications (and proof thereof) and experience of the new curriculum (CAPS) in Mathematics in the Foundation and Intermediate Phases (Grades 1 to 6);
- Proof of competencies must be provided: Resourcefulness, interpersonal skills, eloquent presentation style, much focussed time management, problem-solving capability, strong content knowledge and methodology in PRIMARY Mathematics.
- This is a Field Trainer position across four rural education districts: Knowledge of Afrikaans as first Language is a prerequisite;
- Must be prepared to travel extensively in and around the Western Cape;
- Own functional car and license (minimum code EB) an absolute must.
Salary: Will be available on interview.
Starting date: 08 January 2013.
To apply, submit a CV and detailed motivation letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 715 0249. A letter of motivation MUST be attached elaborating on the essential criteria and capability in developing PRIMARY SCHOOL teachers in Mathematics. Do not apply unless you meet the essential criteria.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 715 0249.
For more about the Maths Centre for Professional Teachers, refer to www.mcpt.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.