Maths Centre for Professional Teachers - Maths Centre
The Maths Centre for Professional Teachers, popularly known as the ‘Maths Centre’, is a nonprofit organisation of excellence in mathematics, science, technology and entrepreneurship education, spread across all provinces. The primary objective of Maths Centre is to equip teachers, learners and parents with learning materials and programmes in order to develop a higher competency and performance.
Maths Centre seeks to appoint innovative, inspiring teacher trainer as Maths and Science Project Coordinator, based in Gauteng with travel in the country.
This is a one-year contract with possibility of extension.
- Teach and develop Grade 8 - 10 Mathematics and Physical Science in schools;
- Deliver training to teachers through an In Service Education and Training model.
- Conduct teacher and learner development workshops and class visits on a regular basis;
- Conduct Saturday schools programme for learners where applicable;
- Afternoon clinics for learners;
- Monitoring and evaluation of project;
- Develop quality training packages and materials for all workshops conducted;
- Recording and reporting of all interventions.
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably degree level in mathematics;
- Teaching qualifications is a must and proof of competencies must be provided;
- Registration with SACE;
- Resourcefulness, interpersonal skills and eloquent presentation style;
- Focussed time management and problem-solving capability;
- Be a practicing high school teacher/field trainer for at least five years in the NCS curriculum teaching physical science;
- Basic computer skills.
- Project coordinator or experience as field trainer is useful;
- Own functional car is an absolute must.
Salary package will be available at the interview.
A Job description is available upon request. Do not apply unless you meet the essential criteria.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Maths Centre, refer to www.mcpt.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.