The Maths Centre
The Maths Centre for Professional Teachers, popularly known as the ‘Maths Centre’, is a nonprofit organisation (NPO) of excellence in mathematics, science, technology and entrepreneurship education, spread across all provinces. The primary objective of Maths Centre is to equip teachers, learners and parents with learning materials and programmes in order to develop a higher competency and performance.
Maths Centre seeks to appoint three Field Trainers for the Foundation and Intermediate Phase based in:
- West Coast Education District, Western Cape;
- Cape Winelands Education District; and
- Eden and Central Karoo, Western Cape.
This is a two year fixed-term contract with possibilities of extension.
Starting date: Immediately
Support primary school teachers in developing and enhancing the teaching and learning of mathematics in the Foundation and Intermediate Phases (grades one to six) in the Western Cape. The project is in partnership with the Department of Education.
- Qualifications with good symbols in higher grade mathematics at school level;
- Teacher development experience in mathematics;
- Minimum of five years teaching qualifications (and proof thereof) and experience of the new curriculum (CAPS) in mathematics in the foundation and Intermediate Phases (grades one to six);
- Proof of competencies must be provided: resourcefulness, interpersonal skills, eloquent presentation style, much focussed time management, problem-solving capability, strong content knowledge and methodology in primary mathematics;
- Afrikaans, first language is a prerequisite;
- Applicants must reside in the West Coast region and travel to project schools in and around the education district;
- University level Maths;
- Project Coordinator / Field Trainer’s experience;
- Own functional car and licence (minimum code EB) an absolute must.
Salary package will be available on interview.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter elaborating on the essential criteria and capability in developing primary school teachers in mathematics to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Do not apply unless you meet the essential criteria.
For more about Maths Centre, refer to www.mcpt.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.