Learn to Earn
Learn to Earn (LtE) is a nonprofit skills development and job creation organisation that works with unemployed people from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
LtE seeks to appoint a Coordinator - City of Cape Town Training Project, based in Cape Town.
The Learn to Earn City of Cape Town Training Project delivers Skills Training and Job Creation Programmes in Cape Town's most underserved communities with the intention to transform the lives of unemployed individuals and groups by providing ‘a hand up not a hand out’. We are stepping up our efforts to implement quality programmes and recruiting suitable candidates for fulfil the role of Project Coordinator.
The City of Cape Town Training Project delivers Skills Training and Job Creation Programmes within the City of Cape Town to transform the lives of unemployed individuals and groups by providing ‘a hand up not a hand out’.
Through the CoCT Project the Project Coordinator will ensure the implementation of the vision; philosophy of ministry and strategy of LtE.
Project coordination (40%)
- Coordinate the delivery of all project phases incl.: Participant Recruitment; Selection; Enrolment; Training and Placement;
- Coordinate the training logistics and administration across all implementation areas.
- Act as a representative of Learn to Earn in its Stakeholder Mobilisation efforts and maintain existing project stakeholders and partners;
- Identify potential employment and industry partners for the placement of project graduates;
- Engage with potential employers and industry partners to promote Learn to Earn and the project;
- Facilitate and monitor the placement of project graduates to establish sustainability and identify programme development opportunities.
Training delivery (20%)
- Conduct selected LtE Training in each of the project phases (Life Skills; Market Skills and Business Skills);
- Participate in the refinement of Learn to Earn training material to ensure that curricula remain market based and contextually relevant;
- Conduct the assessment of participants to facilitate their placement into available employment opportunities.
- Minimum of three years project coordination or related work experience;
- Training/Skills development background (experience in Adult Education would be advantageous);
- A relevant undergraduate Humanities/Business Degree or Diploma is desirable;
- Advanced Computer Skills i.e.: Microsoft Office Suite (experience using information management systems (i.e.: Sales force would be advantageous).;
- Well-developed communication skills in English (while knowledge of Afrikaans/isiXhosa would be beneficial);
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Be an active member of an evangelical church.
Starting date: 1 January 2014.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum of three pages), contact details of four references and motivation letter to email@example.com with ‘Project Coordinator Application – SANGOnet’ in the subject line’.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Lloyd Williams, Tel: 021 361 5972.
Originals of all qualifications may be requested. Should you not be contacted within 90 days of the application deadline – please consider your application unsuccessful.
This is a fixed-term Contract (full Time 36.5hours per week).
A full Job-Description is available upon request.
For more about Learn to Earn, refer to www.learntoearn.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.