Land Access Movement of South Africa (LAMOSA)
The Land Access Movement of South Africa (LAMOSA) is an independent community-based organisation (CBO) advocating for land and agrarian rights.
LAMOSA seeks to appoint a Executive Director, based in Johannesburg.
- Strategic organisational direction:
- Ensure that a long term strategic framework is in place;
- Review and implement strategic objectives;
- Develop an annual Operational Plan;
- Human resource management:
- Manage current personnel;
- Keep HR policies up to date;
- Organise team building sessions;
- Identify staffing needs and development plans with Mancomm and Board;
- Fundraising and Financial and resource management:
- Conceptualise land and natural resources related funding proposals;
- Prepare and align budget to Strategic and Operational plan;
- Work with Financial Person regarding Audits and management accounts;
- Ensure statutory, legal/regulatory compliance and structural framework:
- Adhere to the NPO status requirements;
- Partnership building and management;
- Strengthen existing and build new partnerships, Both Financial and in kind;
- 5. Information and knowledge management:
- Improve LAMOSA Communication strategy and materials;
- Manage Stakeholders and partner relations;
- Facilitate the updating of LAMOSA website and data base;
- Build and update Members profile and Capacity.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent;
- Involvement/leadership in rural land holding entities e.g. Communal Property Associations
- Extensive knowledge of Rural Development, land reform Agriculture and Mining Sector
- Strong Communication, Report Writing and interpersonal skills;
- Fundraising an Resource Mobilisation strategist
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and maintain a high quality of work;
- Ability to analyse and respond to new and changing policies and programmes ;
- Interest in mentoring and developing small scale farmers especially women
- Valid driver’s license (not negotiable) and ability to drive for long distance, own transport (preferable).
To apply, submit a CV (maximum two pages) and a one-two page motivational letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Ensure that your cover letter explains your interest in Numeric and outlines why you would be well suited to this position.
For more about Land Access Movement of South Africa, refer to http://lamosa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.