Khulumani Support Group
The Khulumani Support Group is a membership-based organisation of roughly 85 000 victims and survivors of Apartheid-related gross human rights violations. Started by survivors testifying at the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC), Khulumani has become a globally recognised movement spear-heading healing and memory, the struggle for reparations, and active citizenship in countries transitioning out of conflict.
Khulumani Support Group seeks to appoint a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, based in its national office in Johannesburg.
- Manage Khulumani’s front-desk;
- Answer switchboard;
- Welcome visitors;
- Manage office stationery and groceries;
- Provide administrative assistance;
- Provide secretarial assistance.
- Grade 10 or over receptionist/office administration/human rights qualification would be advantageous;
- Two years’ experience in a similar role will count in your favour;
- Knowledge of and/or membership in Khulumani Support Group, and the transitional justice sector will be an added advantage;
- Computer skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel;
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and at least one other South African language;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, especially email and telephone etiquette;
- Good listening skills and people skills;
- Patience and honesty;
- Abilities to be a good ambassador for Khulumani;
- Positive outlook on life, work and other people;
- Attentive to detail and passionate about problem solving;
- Abilities to accurately estimate work required on tasks, prioritise work and deliver to deadlines;
- Excited about learning;
- Abilities to think creatively outside the box;
- Ability to work well in a team as well as individually.
To apply, submit a CV with contactable references to Angela Tembo at email@example.com or fax to: 011 833 2048. Alternatively, hand deliver to 2nd Floor, Khotso House on 62 Marshall Street.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Khulumani Support Group, refer to www.khulumani.net.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.