Joint Aid Management (JAM)
Joint Aid Management (JAM) is a South African founded humanitarian nonprofit organisation that works to empower Africans to create better lives for themselves.
JAM seeks to appoint a Personal Assistant to the CEO, based in South Africa.
The Assistant to the CEO and co-founder is responsible to the CEO for the performance of highly technical, responsible, and confidential executive office functions without recourse to a supervisor. Responsible to the CEO for executing with minimal direction the management of the CEO’s Office.
- Serve as assistant to the CEO;
- Represent the CEO and Co-founder of the Organisation in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations, and in written correspondence and inter-staff communications;
- Being able to lead discussions and take informed decisions in support of strategic objectives of the organisation
- Consolidate reports for the CEO, and management;
- Manage the handling of the logistics for the CEO;
- Develop a quick and sound understanding of JAM and all JAM’s various activities;
- Quickly assess each business/NGO contact and their environment and most effective ways of working/partnering;
- Establish rapport with key people in the organization and consultants to JAM;
- Understand key areas needing CEO’s attention and various programmes to meet these needs;
- Telephone coverage, mail processing, ordering supplies, preparing and implementing bank deposits;
- Draft letters and other correspondence for the CEO, including letters of gratitude, follow-up, agreement and letters of appreciation;
- Discreet handling of confidential information;
- Proofread and edit documentation;
- Scan material for projects and publications;
- Initiate effective and relevant inputs for high-end donors;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for various projects;
- Assist with development and preparation of budgets for specific projects within the organization;
- Update contacts and articles in the database, using database to export information, merge letters, make contact lists, produce labels, and prepare group emails;
- Assist with filing and organization of information;
- Maintain the office calendar, including the schedule for the CEO;
- Maintain the CEO’s CV, training and technical assistance schedules, and notebooks;
- Assist with travel arrangements for the CEO and Co-founder and maintain travel records;
- Take notes and/or minutes at various meetings;
- Prepare expense reports and reimbursement forms for the CEO and Co-founder;
- Assist with general office administrative tasks as needed;
- Assist with meeting planning as needed;
- Attend and represent the CEO and/or Co-founder at seminars and conferences when they are travelling;
- Assist with tasks related to marketing, registrations, development of the agendas and resource materials for meetings;
- Assist with various personal tasks for the CEO and Co-founder.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience;
- Languages: English is essential;
- Portuguese will be an added advantage
- Any of the other 11 languages is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities;
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience scanning photographs and slides preferred;
- Experience in working with a database;
- Experience performing research utilizing the Internet;
- Excellent organizational skills and confidentiality;
- Knowledge of basic filing and organizational protocols;
- The ability to follow directions, sometimes from multiple sources, and determine priorities;
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform other reasonable duties as requested, including willingness and availability beyond office work hours.
Salary: R18 000 per month.
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more about Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.