JET Education Services (JET)
JET Education Services (JET) is an independent, nonprofit organisation that works with government, the private sector, international development agencies and education institutions to improve the quality of education and the relationship between education, skills development and the world of work.
JET Education Services is seeking to recruit a Statistics Intern in the Data Unit of the Research and Planning Division, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
The Intern will provide support for statistical analysis of quantitative data from various projects which support an evidence-based approach to education policy and planning. The Intern will be expected to take part in statistical training programmes to develop skills in statistical analysis and research methods in education.
Data collection and analysis
- Assisting with the compilation of statistics, demographic information and related data to meet project information needs; assisting with data cleaning and data management; ensuring that data are up-to-date and suitable for advanced statistical analysis; assisting with the execution of appropriate statistical procedures to direct research studies and reporting of research studies; assisting with the warehousing of data by cleaning and merging datasets from different projects.
Data base development and management
- Importing and exporting data files; archiving historical records; revising and editing databases as needed to meet programme goals and objectives; designing database reports.
Reporting and dissemination
- Generating routine and ad hoc reports.
- Honours degree in statistics or social sciences (with a strong statistical component);
- Computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office (especially Excel), use of the internet and email;
- Knowledge of Stata, SPSS or R is essential; must be able to learn Stata;
- Ability to communicate in English clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated interest in developing skills in education sector analysis.
For more about JET Education Services, refer to www.jet.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.