ITEC is a nonprofit organisation that works to create opportunities for learning and development by empowering change agents for children.
ITEC seeks to appoint an Early Childhood Development (ECD)/ Early Education Senior Facilitator. The position will be based in East London, however travel may be required as ITEC operates throughout the Eastern Cape.
The person will train the National Diploma - Early Childhood Development (NDECD) (NQF Level 5) in the Eastern Cape.
The Early Education Senior Facilitator will be responsible for the delivery of accredited and non-accredited Early Childhood programmes geared towards ECD practitioners and Foundation Phase teachers, including the National Diploma - NDECD (NQF Level 5). The Senior Facilitator will work with the ITEC Projects Director and the ITEC Early Education Manager to ensure that all programmes are delivered to the required standard and within the stipulated timeframe.
The Senior Facilitator will be expected to coordinate allocated programmes, lecture, assess and support ECD practitioners/Foundation Phase teachers both in the classroom and in the field. The Senior Facilitator will be responsible for quality management of programmes within their area of responsibility and will be required to manage relationships with various stakeholders.
- Coordinate all aspects of the NDECD and other programmes allocated to the incumbent;
- Establish a delivery framework for programmes / projects;
- Prepare for training sessions, site visits and assessment using materials provided;
- Ensure efficient and effective administration within programmes;
- Deliver the NDECD course and other programmes as required;
- Where applicable, assess all written and practical assignments in line with the given assessment criteria;
- Where applicable, assist students that require additional support in meeting the required standard;
- Where applicable, assist students with academic development;
- Run formative and summative evaluation of programmes;
- Carry out the required on-site assessments in the field;
- Where applicable, ensure participant Portfolios of Evidence are prepared to the required standard, for assessment, moderation and verification purposes;
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in programme meetings with stakeholders;
- Prepare regular reports on progress within programmes for internal and external purposes;
- Participate in Training of Trainer and capacity building sessions in order to enhance programme impact and build knowledge;
- Liaise and share knowledge with ITEC management and staff to build internal capacity within the organisation.
- Advanced degree in education, development or Social Studies with specialisation in ECD/Early Education or a related field is preferred, with a Bachelor’s degree being the minimum requirement;
- Minimum of five years ECD/Early Education and/or Community Development experience required, with experience in teaching courses at Level 5;
- Programme implementation and coordination experience is required, with an understanding and experience in the delivery of accredited training being advantageous;
- Programme coordination skills;
- Post graduate degree preferable;
- Excellent level of reading and writing;
- Strong administration skills required;
- Competence in quality management;
- Ability to work with and / or experience in working with ECD practitioners / Foundation Phase teachers;
- Ability to develop academic literacy skills in course participants to first year university level;
- Strong facilitation and training skills;
- Registration as assessor required, or willing to be trained as an assessor;
- Mentoring and coaching skills;
- Relationship/stakeholder management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Fluency in English (fluency in isiXhosa advantageous);
- Excellent computer literacy including Microsoft Office;
- Availability to conduct training on Saturdays when required;
- Ability to work under pressure, in a resource constrained environment;
- Ability to travel throughout the Eastern Cape.
To register on the ITEC database and submit your CV to Caryn at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. ITEC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about ITEC, refer to www.itec.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.