Inyathelo - the South African Institute for advancement is a nonprofit organisation that strives to build an enduring culture of philanthropy which results in a strong and stable civil society and democracy in South Africa.
Inyathelo is also a key partner of the Kresge Foundation in the USA, and are implementing a programme of “Access and Success” work in the higher education Academic Development arena (the ASHESA programme – Access and Success in Higher Education in South Africa).
Inyathelo seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator - Ashesa, based in Cape Town.
This position is a mid-level post responsible for the overall management and co-ordination of a Programme.
- Implementing the programme components – which can include training workshops, focus groups and related research, capacity development and documenting activities;
- Liaising with a cohort of participating institutional projects and other significant external stakeholders;
- Developing and implementing a research project focused on South African academic development initiatives;
- Developing published materials related to the programme of work;
- Monitoring and reporting on budget and expenditure and on programme outcomes;
- Researching and writing reports and analytical articles.
- University or tertiary qualification
- Minimum of eight years work experience – with at least four being in coordination/management, ideally in (externally-funded) projects;
- Facilitation skills;
- Excellent writing skills and experience in developing published materials;
- Experience in the higher education sector generally and academic development in particular
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport.
Inyathelo does not cover relocation costs.
Inyathelo is committed to equity. Inyathelo offers contract employment with a competitive single cost of employment salary and no other benefits.
To apply, submit a CV, two contactable referees and motivation letter to email@example.com or fax to: 021 465 6953. Clearly indicate which post you are applying for.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Inyathelo- the South African Institute for Advancement, refer to www.inyathelo.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.