Inyathelo - the South African Institute for Advancement is a nonprofit organisation that strives to build an enduring culture of philanthropy that results in a strong and stable civil society and democracy in South Africa.
The Atlantic Advancement Initiative (AAI) is a multi-year project which commenced in 2012. It works with five selected nonprofit organisations with a view to strengthening and supporting efforts to build the Advancement operations of grantee organisations and build the pool of organisational Advancement professionals in South Africa.
Inyathelo seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator for the AAI Project, based in Cape Town.
The potential candidate will report to the Advancement Training and Support (ATS) Unit Manager,and will be responsible for designing, managing and monitoring the implementation of the programme, including the budget and finances.
This is a mid-level post responsible for the overall management and coordination of a programme.
- Implement programme components, which can include training workshops, focus groups and related research, capacity development and documenting activities;
- Liaise with a cohort of participating institutional projects and other significant external stakeholders;
- Develop and implement a research project focused on South African academic development initiatives;
- Develop published materials related to the programme of work;
- Monitor and report on budget and expenditure, and on programme outcomes;
- Research, write reports and analytical articles.
- University or tertiary qualification;
- Minimum of eight years work experience, with a minimum of four being in coordination / management, ideally in (externally funded) projects;
- Facilitation skills;
- Writing skills and experience in developing published materials;
- Experience in the higher education sector generally and academic development in particular;
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two contactable referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 021 465 6981.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Inyathelo - the South African Institute for Advancement, refer to www.inyathelo.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.