Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR)
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was founded in 2000 in the wake of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and with the purpose of building of fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa. IJR is an independent organisation located at the interface between civil society and academia.
IJR seeks to appoint a Volunteer Intern for the Fundraising and Strategy Unit, based in Cape Town.
The IJR Communication and Strategy Unit is a key component to assist the Institute with cross-cutting services such as fundraising, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, communication and public relations, as well as special events.
The Volunteer Intern will assist the unit with desktop research, basic administrative tasks and logistics for special events. This internship is a great opportunity to learn about various fields of work in a non-profit office environment and is a dynamic placement to gain experience and learning in fundraising and marketing as a possible career path.
This is a three-month contract.
Working hours: Negotiable - minimum of three days a week.
- Research potential donors;
- Assist with online campaign design and implementation;
- Assist with fundraising event design and implementation;
- Basic administration of databases;
- Sourcing of quotes and service providers;
- Ad-hoc tasks administrative tasks;
- Assist with logistical arrangements for IJR events.
- Matric certificate;
- BA in public administration/marketing or similar would be favourable;
- Project management skills;
- Computer Literacy skills (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint);
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent writing skills in English (ideally in another SA language);
- Previous experience with fundraising or fundraising events (added advantage, but not essential);
- Creative, pro-active and energetic attitude with the ability to identify and seize opportunities.
This is a volunteer internship without any remuneration. The successful intern will be expected to complete a volunteer agreement with the Institute.
To apply, submit a CV with a minimum of two references and a brief motivational letter to Juzaida Swain, Email: email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, refer to www.ijr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.