Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR)
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) was founded in 2000 in the wake of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and with the purpose of building of fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa. We are an independent organisation located at the interface between civil society and academia. We employ a diverse team of professionals based at our office in Cape Town.
IJR seeks to appoint a Volunteer Intern for the Communication and Strategy Unit, based in Cape Town.
The IJR Communication and Strategy Unit is a key component to assist the Institute with cross-cutting services such as fundraising, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, communication and public relations, as well as special events. The volunteer intern will assist the unit with basic administrative tasks, logistics and set up of special events. This internship is a great opportunity to learn about various fields of work in a non-profit office environment and is a dynamic placement to gain experience and learning in fundraising as a possible career path.
Duration of the contract: 1 March 2014 - 30 May 2014 (three months)
Working hours: Negotiable - minimum of three days a week
- Research potential donors;
- Assist with online campaign designs and implementation;
- Basic administration of databases;
- Sourcing of quotes and service providers;
- Ad-hoc tasks administrative tasks;
- Assist with logistical arrangements for IJR events.
- Matric certificate;
- BA in public administration / marketing or similar would be favourable;
- Project management skills;
- Computer Literacy skills (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint);
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent writing skills in English (ideally in another SA language);
- Knowledge of Google AdWords (added advantage, but not essential);
- A creative, pro-active and energetic attitude with the ability to identify and seize opportunities.
This is a volunteer internship without any remuneration.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and minimum of two references to Juzaida Swain at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only applications with all the required documentations will be accepted.
The successful intern will be expected to complete a volunteer agreement with the Institute.
For more about the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, refer to www.ijr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ngopulse