Initiative for Strategic Litigation in Africa (ISLA)
The Initiative for Strategic Litigation in Africa (ISLA) is based on the belief that strategic litigation is an immensely strong tool for social change because it helps to reframe the understanding of entitlements before the law and it challenges the legal discourse on women’s rights and sexual rights. ISLA stands for the proposition that investment in local institutions and individuals is key to maximizing the impact of strategic litigation. ISLA aims to have a full staff of 18 people consisting of a litigation team as well as program support officers and lawyers.
ISLA seeks appoint a Programmes Coordinator, based in Johannebsurg.
The Programmes Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative, operational and programmatic support services to assigned programme areas, women’s land and property rights and sexual rights. The Programmes Coordinator will be knowledgeable about institutional and programme policies and procedures.
- Be a part of the founding team and help to develop our inaugural programmes, women’s land and property rights and sexual rights;
- Develops and maintains partnership databases of our networks and maintain positive relations with our network partners;
- Monitors the workflow and make adjustments to ensure the timely completion of programme activities;
- Maintains liaison with staff and partner organisations to coordinate programme activities and capacity strengthening events to accomplish programme objectives land to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilised;
- Communicates with partners, team members on project status, including progress, risk and any issues that may have an impact on project delivery;
- Provides ongoing assistance to Programme lawyers in developing programme policies, procedure plans and associated communications documents;
- Assists in monitoring and evaluating programme effectiveness; demonstrates continuous efforts to improve support operations and systems, to streamline work processes and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the programme;
- Coordinates and oversees grant related issues, including tracking and submission of expense reports and other financial reports. Assists with monitoring, verification and reconciliation of budget expenditures;
- Assists in the planning, coordination and implementation of seminars, conferences and workshops;
- Recommends new ideas and concepts for programme themes, materials and resources to supplement, expand or replace existing programme components;
- Proofreads and formats court briefs, opinions, research papers and other programme documents;
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor's degree preferred;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the degree when the experiences are closely related to the duties of the job;
- Minimum of five years experience coordinating and administrating programme activities for non-profits;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks, projects and assignments;
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively problem solve and troubleshoot independently;
- Willingness to work independently, at the direction of others, and in a team-focused environment;
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and data tracking skills;
- Ability to learn quickly and succeed in a rapidly changing environment;
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher) and basic Web browsers and searches.
Remuneration: Salary and benefits will be competitive, commensurate with experience.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three professional referees, motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Initiative for Strategic Litigation in Africa, refer to http://the-isla.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.