Ilitha Labantu is a national NGO that deals with violence against women and children. Ilitha Labantu strives to end violence against women and children in disadvantaged communities (townships and rural areas). The organisation provide emotional support, practical advise, education and training for coping with addressing violence against women and children.
Ilitha Laba seeks to recruit a House Mother to supervise the day-to-day operations of their Shelter including legal, psychological, medical, children’s services and general activities, ensuring that all are functioning according to Shelter standards and women’s needs for the Head Office in Gugulethu, Cape Town.
- Matriculation Certificate and strong understanding and sensitivity for issues affecting women and children, domestic violence and sexual abuse will be an advantage;
- Speak and understand English and Xhosa, understanding Afrikaans will be an additional advantage;
- Ability to priorities work, take follow-up actions and meet regular deadlines;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work both independently and within a flexible team environment;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to set own priorities, monitor work progress, meet deadlines and initiate and take follow-up action if necessary.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the Shelter including legal, psychological, medical, children’s services and general activities, ensuring that all are functioning according to Shelter standards and women’s needs;
- Oversee the intake procedures of women and children; oversee that residents are coming and going to/from the Shelter according to procedures;
- Maintain accurate and organised records of when women arrive, how long they have been in the Home and observe and report on how they are progressing in the Home.
Enquiries: Siphokazi Bona/Noxamaba Mqele, Tel: 021 633 2383.
Terms of employment and salary: Market related/Negotiable.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Ilitha Labantu, refer to www.ilithalabantu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.