Ilitha Labantu is a national NGO that deals with violence against women and children. Ilitha Labantu strives to end violence against women and children in disadvantaged communities (townships and rural areas). The organisation provide emotional support, practical advise, education and training for coping with addressing violence against women and children.
Ilitha Laba seeks to appoint female Social Workers, based in Gugulethu, Cape Town.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, must be registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professions;
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Xhosa and any other language. The ability to structure and convey concepts in writing is essential;
- Experience managing a project or program, preferably in social services, Experience working in programs focused on domestic violence and abuse, women's development, or related field preferred;
- Experience assessing program needs, Experience with program reporting;
- Ability to maintain reporting systems and monitor program goals;
- Excellent follow-up skills and analytical thinking;
- Be able to develop working materials;
- High initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, Ability to prioritize and multitask, Ability to complete tasks in a professional timely manner, Good verbal communication and presentation skills, Efficient planning and organization skills;
- Creative approach to finding solutions;
- Report writing skills.
- Ability to work in the field with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Sensitivity to the challenges and problems faced by women coming to the Shelter and ability to interact appropriately with them;
- Commitment to the confidentiality of clients and organization;
- Commitment to the principles of Ilitha Labantu, its aims and objectives as an organization and, take an interest in broadening her understanding of gender issues in South Africa;
- Punctuality and regular attendances;
- Own transportation essential;
- Willingness to travel.
Enquiries: Senior Social Worker Ms Sipokazi Bona, Tel: 021 633 2383.
Terms of employment & salary: Market related/Negotiable.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Ilitha Labantu, refer to www.ilithalabantu.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.