iKhaya leThemba (Home of Hope)
iKhaya leThemba seeks to appoint a Director, based in Cape Town.
The successful candidate should be a dynamic director to take the organisation to the next phase of development. Together with a staff team of 10, the director is responsible for the oversight of an After-school programme and Community development program with a focus on supporting orphaned and vulnerable children and their families.
The Director is supported directly by an experienced Education Programme Manager (who takes responsibility for the curriculum, teaching and care of the children) and an Operational Manager (who is responsible for iKhaya le Themba’s financial control, human resources, provisioning and maintenance management).
The Director will report to the Board of iKhaya leThemba for all aspects of programme and operational management.
- After school care for orphaned and vulnerable children aged 6-14 years;
- Community Development and Parent Centre for families caring for orphans and vulnerable children that attend our programme;
- Networking and Outreach programme forming links and sharing resources amongst like-minded organisations;
- Improving organisational structures to ensure appropriate organisational development as well as efficient use of resources;
- Development and care of the staff team and ability to manage the ongoing intern programme in the interests of iKhaya le Themba.
- Ability to lead an organisation with creative vision;
- Ability o work consultatively with developing communities;
- People and programme management skills including planning, monitoring and evaluation, budget oversight, excellent spoken and written skills, reporting, funding applications;
- Marketing skills including awareness and value of marketing tools, ability to write newsletters, maintain website and social media communications;
- Ability to revise the financial strategy so as to ensure the ongoing financial sustainability of iKhaya le Themba;
- Fundraising skills and experience with individuals, companies, charitable bodies, churches and schools;
- A natural networker;
- Strong leadership and people management skills including motivating and supporting a culturally diverse, dynamic staff team and giving direction to interns;
- Preference given to Xhosa speakers, but the ability to write cogently in English is essential for donor communication;
- Loves working with children and able to engage parents and guardians of children;
- Strong sense of justice and compassionate heart;
- Encourages teamwork in achieving objectives;
- Motivated by love for Jesus and Christian values;
- Experience working in NGO environments;
- Experience with fundraising and proposal writing;
- Previous team management experience.
- Experience working in developing communities;
- At least possess a four years tertiary management qualification or experience in appropriate field - eg: NGO or corporate management, community development, psychology, social work, pastoral care, education.
Salary: R249 600 - R312 000 (depending on qualifications and experience)
Salary will also be negotiated according to experience and training. The Director is expected to work a 40-hour week and to be on site at iKhaya leThemba between 12-noon and 5pm during the school term. Position open from October 2014.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter, copies of most relevant degrees, copy of ID, wrtten character reference from your church pastor and the names of two other referees familiar with your work to Nicky Lloyd, Director, Email: email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about iKhaya le Themba, refer to www.ikhayalethemba.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.