Ikamva Labantu - the Future of our Nation, is a NGO that provides services in the delivery of health services, learning, development and resources. Ikamva Labantu works through local communities so that they can become self-sufficient and sustainable.
Ikamva Labantu seeks to appoint eight Early Childhood Development (ECD) Community Based Workers, based in Cape Town.
The successful candidates will report to the Registration Help Desk Coordinator.
- Grading of educares according to the minimum standards of the Department of Social Development;
- Track of registration processes and funding received by the Department of Social Development;
- Provide support and monitoring to ECD practitioners in how they implement the learning programme;
- Identify vulnerable children in educares;
- Complete basic assessments and the provision of findings to Coordinator;
- Develop actions plans and report on progress;
- Provision of a monthly written report on the status of each educare and the identified vulnerable children;
- Attend relevant meetings as well as report back as assigned by the Coordinator;
- Liaise with relevant organisations or community structures;
- Assist community awareness campaigns relating to ECD and the well-being of young children;
- Ability to network with relevant stakeholders.
- Grade 12 certificate, a qualification in community development and/or ECD would be advantageous;
- Relevant qualification in ECD;
- Experience in community development or the ECD field;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Strong interpersonal relationships ( communication, negotiation skills and ability to manage conflict)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel);
- Verbal and written English and isiXhosa skills;
- Willingness to work within townships and at the Ikamva Labantu centre based in Khayelitsha.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of your referees and motivation letter to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 510 6988.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Programme Head – ECD, Barbara Stemmert, Tel: 021 361 0909/9843.
Ikamva Labantu is committed to the principles of employment equity
For more about Ikamva Labantu, refer to www.ikamva.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.