ICAP South Africa
A global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2004 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities. Working hand-in-hand with individuals at every level of the health system–from patients to health care providers to government officials–ICAP is dedicated to delivering high-performing health system strengthening initiatives that provide quality and affordable health care.
In South Africa, ICAP provides an array of clinical and technical support for HIV/AIDS-related activities at health facilities with the goals of enhancing service delivery, building capacity, and promoting sustainable programs.
ICAP-SA seeks appoint a Most-At-Risk Populations (MARPS) Clinical Nurse, based in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.
The successful candidate will provide counselling and clinical sexual and reproductive healthcare services and HIV prevention for MSM, as well as to support and ensure provision of an effective HIV Prevention, Treatment and Care Programme for MSM, aligned with the Department of Health's National and Provincial Strategic Plans in the health facilities. In addition, s/he will promote and strengthen the social and emotional well-being of diverse individuals and families throughout the ICAP support sites and will provide psycho-social support for the MSM population, their partners and families so as to promote healthy mental well-being.
- Build the capacity of DoH facilities in offering a welcoming environment for MSM individuals, couples, parents and families;
- Provide training and other forms of technical assistance to DoH and other partners on MSM;
- Provide HCT and refer HIV-positive MSM to ART initiating facilities;
- Provide STI screening and syndromic management for STIs;
- Make referrals for complex STIs;
- Provide screening for TB and refer MSM who screen positive for TB for further diagnosis and treatment;
- Provide PEP for MSM and risk reduction counselling;
- Provide on-going health education on HIV/STI prevention for MSM accessing the clinic;
- Perform laboratory screening and monitoring testing for MSM as as per the National ART Treatment Guidelines and STI Treatment Guidelines;
- Prescribe STI and PEP treatment according to standard treatment guidelines and in consultation with supervising medical doctors so as to provide an enhanced treatment package for MSM;
- Ensure proper documentation of treatment plans;
- Monitor and maintain optimal drug stock for clients;
- Disseminate and update staff on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines and flow charts to ensure care and treatment services are aligned to National Guidelines;
- Coordinate site support activities and day-to-day clinical operations;
- Implement a quality assurance program and implement continuous quality improvement activities within all clinics served;
- Work closely with and support MSM outreach teams, i.e. peer outreach workers' activities.
- Diploma in general nursing and community nursing science (PHC will be an advantage);
- Community health experience;
- Proven track record/experience in working with Most-At-Risk Populations, in particular MSM;
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse;
- Experience in providing HIV/AIDS services and initiating clients on ART in line with the South African ART Treatment Guidelines;
- Dispensing License will be an added advantage;
- Good communication, report writing and interpersonal skills;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Willingness to travel between health facilities.
To apply, submit a CV and contact details of three referees to email@example.com. Quote the post title in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
For more about ICAP South Africa, refer to http://icap.columbia.edu.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.