Hope Educational Foundation International
Hope Education seeks to appoint a Community Liaison Officer (CLO), based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
The CLO is responsible for community mobilisation for a community-based, small-group behavioral intervention for parents to prevent HIV infection among youth. This means that they are responsible for recruiting and registering participants for FMP sessions. All duties described below refer only to the CLO’s assigned site and not to the project as a whole. Looking for candidates who have great community relationship.
- Conduct community mobilisation in local communities by following the approved FMP participant recruitment strategy;
- Schedule and co-present the benefits of attending FMP programme by parents and guardians of adolescents of 9 to 12 years olds;
- Recruit and screen potential FMP program participants.
- Come up with required participants for the FMP program in meeting set FMP minimum standards.
- Assist the Site Manager and Facilitators in locating suitable venues for FMP programme where required.
- Assist the Facilitators in setting up for sessions and packing FMP material after sessions have ended.
- Assist Facilitators in scheduling participants to attending FMP sessions as planned.
- Help to ensure retention of participants by correctly presenting what the programme offers and also following up with parents who do not attend sessions and
- actively encouraging them to attend both make-up and progressive sessions of the same wave with the broader group.
- Serve incentives where they are ordinarily provided in the locality and programme.
- Submit Monthly Report and other M&E forms as required to Site Manager to reflect actions taken to mobilize community (as well as activities regarding FMP participant retention).
- Any other duties as may be deemed fit by the Site Management.
To apply, submit a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Hope Educational Foundation International, refer to www.hopeeducation.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.