HIVSA is a South African nonprofit company that offers comprehensive care and support to those individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, their families and those living in impoverished circumstances.
HIVSA seeks to appoint a Trainer – HIV/AIDS Counselling Course, based in Johannesburg.
The person will be part of a team providing accredited and non-accredited training at HIVSA’s Training Centre in Braamfontein as well as at other off-site facilities.
- Preparation foraccredited and non- accredited training courses;
- Provide both accredited and non- accredited training both locally and off- site;
- Verbal and written feedback to manager on all training conducted.
- Compilation of training reports after each training course facilitated highlighting achievements and challenges;
- Compilation of progress reports if and when requested by the Programme Development Officer (PDO);
- Submission of all reports in accordance with timelines set out by the training manager;
- Feedback and Reports to PDO on all meetings attended related to the functioning of the training centre.
Developing and updating of training materials
- Identification of gaps in training material and researching of new information for the purposes of improving training material. Sharing of new and updated information with the PDO and other trainers
- Ensuring that accredited training is aligned to registered unit standards and to report to the PDO when discrepancies are identified
- Working in collaboration with the PDO in the development of assessment tools
- Compilation of training manuals for non- accredited training viz. researching of information, preparation of first draft and submission to PDO for comment, preparation of final document and development of assessment tools in collaboration with PDO when necessary.
Assessments of Portfolios of Evidence
- Assessment of test scripts and portfolios of evidence for unit standards that the senior trainer is registered for
- Compilation of assessment reports and submission of assessment reports to the PDO according to mutually agreed upon time frames
- Moderation of test scripts and portfolios of evidence for unit standards that the senior trainer is registered for
- Compilation of moderation reports and submission of moderation reports to the PDO according to mutually agreed upon time frames
- Assisting PDO in preparation for verification of results by the HWSETA
- Regular feedback to the PDO on training conducted.
- Coordination of mentorship activities for accredited training including the facilitation of regular meetings with mentors;
- Provide mentoring support to learners in the classroom;
- Training of mentors in counsellor mentorship;
- Written and verbal feedback to the PDO regarding all mentorship activities
- Bachelor in Social Work degree with honours or equivalent;
- Minimum of three years experience working as a social worker with experience in training;
- Assessment qualification and experience with registration with HWSETA an advantage;
- Facilitating learning qualification an advantage;
- Experience in mentorship or supervision;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Sound decision making and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and excellent patterns of communication;
- Willingness and ability to travel outside of Johannesburg for training;
- Ability to speak local languages;
- Computer literate;
- Have a driver’s licence
To apply, submit a CV (maximum of five pages), three contactable referees and motivational letter and the The HR Officer, P O Box 3869, Southgate, 2082, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 086 244 5444.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Please note that only candidates that meet the above mentioned requirements will be shortlisted for the interviews.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.