HIVSA is a South African not-for-profit company that offers comprehensive care and support to those individuals infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, their families and those living in impoverished circumstances.
HIVSA seeks to appoint a Social Worker – OVC Support Programme, based in Johannesburg.
This position is based at HIVSA’s offices in Aeroton (near to NASREC) in Johannesburg to support our OVC programme in the Soweto, Orange Farm and Sedibeng areas.
Main responsibilities of the position involve networking, establishing linkages and referral networks, supervision and mentorship and training.
- Registered Social Worker with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP);
- Ability to speak a minimum of two African languages;
- Minimum of three years experience in working in the field of Child Protection;
- Experience in the supervision of Social Workers and/or Social Auxiliary Workers.
- Ability to provide training in Child Protection, Gender Mainstreaming and HIV/AIDS
- Fluent in at least two African languages
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum five pages) and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 011 494 2635. Alternatively, post to HR Manager, PO Box 3869, Southgate, 2082.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about HIVSA, refer to www.hivsa.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.